We all know that the voicemail notification is a pain to deal with. It never goes away, and it’s always on your screen, even if you don’t want it there. But what if I told you there was a way to remove this pesky notification? Well, now there is! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to get rid of the voicemail notification on Android so that you can finally be free of its clutches.
Android has a feature that reminds its users whenever there is a new voicemail, but it isn’t without its quirks. Every so often the notification shows up even when you have no voicemails. Occasionally it shows up just because a voicemail wasn’t marked as read.
Few Android smartphones provide you with a dismiss icon, only to hear the clarion alert that a voicemail is waiting for you the next time the phone is either restarted or shut down. If you’re sick of this notification, don’t worry you can get rid of it. And here’s how you do it-
How to Remove Voicemail Notification on Android?
- First, open the Settings app. This can be done via pulling down the notification bar on some phones; however, the method that works on every android device there is to launch Settings from the App Drawer.
- After the Settings app is open, scroll down and tap on Apps.
- If the tab at the top of the Apps screen isn’t already on “All apps,” what you have to do is to switch it over to that. All Apps tab will show you a list of every app on the phone/tablet.
- Scroll down, then tap on the Phone app.
- After the Phone App info page opens, tap on the Storage menu.
- Under storage, tap on the box that is named “CLEAR DATA.”
- A pop-up appears asking if, you are sure. Tap on OK to confirm.
Voilà, and it’s Done. You can now say Goodbye voicemail. If it isn’t, you’ll at least be able to swipe it away and dismiss it from your notification tray. If you liked this, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so that they also know how to remove the annoying voicemail notification on Android.