If you’re switching from Android to iPhone and want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone, we have a guide that will help. The transition from an Android phone to an iPhone is always challenging unlike upgrading from one Android device to another/an iPhone to another iPhone, there is no single, seamless, one-click transfer process. However, it’s not especially difficult. There are a lot of ways to transfer contacts from an Android to an iPhone, depending on whether you want to set up a new iPhone or are moving a few contacts to an existing iPhone.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using the Move to iOS app?
- Download the Move to iOS app.
- Open the app, then Read and Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- The app will then ask for permissions that have to be granted for it to function to the fullest, being location permission, access to contacts, calendar, storage, and SMS.
- On the Find Your Code screen, click on Continue. You then need to enter a code.
- Move over to your iPhone, during the setup process you will see an option saying Move Data from Android. Click on it.
- You’ll receive a ten-digit/six-digit code. Enter the code in your Android device.
- You will then see a Transfer Data screen that asks you to select the content that has to be transferred. Select Contacts or whatever data you want to move over, then tap Next.
- Leave both devices idle until the loading bar is full.
- Once the loading bar finishes, tap on Done on your Android phone, make your way onto your iPhone for finishing steps.
How to transfer contacts using a SIM card?
- Head to the Contacts app on your Android phone, then tap on the gear icon/the three dots menu.
- Select the SIM card contacts, if you have a dual-SIM phone, select the SIM card you’ll use in your iPhone.
- Tap on the three dots menu, then select Import from the phone.
- You will be prompted to select the contacts you want to transfer. You can use the select all option, or you could always select them individually. After you are done, tap on Done.
- When the process finishes, remove the SIM card, then insert it into your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open Settings, then tap on Contacts.
- Tap on Import SIM Contacts, then wait for the process to finish.
- Your contacts will now show on your iPhone.
How to transfer contacts using the VCF file method?
- Navigate to the Contacts app, on your Android phone.
- Tap on the gear icon/three dots menu to select the Import/export option.
- You will then see two options there, select Export to .VCF file.
- This will create a new VCF file of your contacts in your storage.
- Send the file to your iPhone using iTunes or by mailing it to yourself.
- Open the VCF file, and you should see an option to add all contacts, in your iPhone. Tap on it.
- Your contacts can now be seen on your iPhone.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.