Password managers are a blessing because they help you manage as well as keep secure passwords. However, you might be someone who is not willing to invest in password managers. If you use the in-built Google Chrome password manager; you might already be aware that you will lose the password across all synced devices if you happen to delete a password from Chrome. However, there is a way you can recover the deleted passwords. In this article, I will show you how to recover deleted passwords in Google Chrome.
How to Recover Deleted Passwords in Google Chrome?
For this to work, you have to have a device that has Google Chrome installed. However, this should be a device where you are not logged in. Why? Because if you are logged in, Chrome will automatically sync the changes to the device.
Step-1: You need to open Google Chrome on the device you used to delete the passwords.
Step-2: Click on the three vertical dots, these are situated at the top right corner.
Step-3: Click on Settings.
Step-4: Click on Sync, then select the Google services option.
Step-5: Click on Review your synced data.
Step-6: This will open a chrome tab, scroll down, then click on CLEAR DATA.
Step-7: You will be asked for confirmation, click OK.
Open Chrome on New Device
- Now you need to open a device where you have not been logged in on Google Chrome before.
- Then, open Google Chrome.
- Open the Settings on this device.
- Sign in using your credentials.
- Then, open the device where the password was deleted.
- On that device, click on Settings.
- Click on the Turn on sync option, this will be located next to your profile name.
- You need to wait a few minutes, then check the passwords. You would now have successfully recovered the deleted password.
- If there are other devices you were logged into, make sure you turn on sync for them individually.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Recover Deleted Passwords in Google Chrome?