Enable dark mode on YouTube grants an easier-on-the-eyes experience. It’s nice when watching videos in the dark/night. YouTube’s dark theme is available on both the YouTube website and mobile apps for iPhone/ iPad/Android.
How can you Enable Dark Mode on YouTube using Website?
- On the desktop website, click on your profile icon in the top-right. Click on “Appearance: Device Theme”
- If you aren’t signed in, click on three vertical dots. This is where we’ll find the “Appearance: Device Theme” option.
- YouTube will follow your computer’s system-wide theme settings. Then click on “Dark Theme”. This will be applied to your current web browser only.
- You’ll have to enable the dark theme on each computer you use, as it doesn’t sync with your Google account.
- To undo, navigate back to “Appearance: Dark,” then choose “Use Device Theme” or “Light Theme.”
- For a dark mode on your desktop, enable dark mode in the browser you use, be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. You have the ability to enable a dark theme in Gmail, too. You can also activate Windows’s built-in dark mode.
How can you Enable Dark Mode On YouTube using iPhone/iPad?
- The app for iPhone and iPad has its dark mode option. To enable dark mode, open the app, then tap on your profile icon in the top-right.
- Tap on “Settings” at the bottom of the menu.
- Click on “General”.
- Toggle on “Dark Theme.”
How can you Enable Dark Mode on YouTube in Android?
The Android app follows your device’s system-wide theme settings. However, if you don’t want everything on your Android device to be in dark mode, you can manually change it in the app.
- Open the app on your Android device, then tap on your profile picture in the top-right.
- Click on “Settings” at the bottom.
- From there, click on “General.”
- Choose “Appearance” from the list. This is where you can choose between a dark or a light theme.
- The “Use Device Theme” option will be highlighted. Click on “Dark Theme” to instantly transform the app’s interface.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How can you Enable Dark Mode on YouTube?