To disable the Netflix Button on the Nvidia shield pro you need to spend no little than 5 mins. The Nvidia shield pro is an Android TV streaming device that has a built-in Netflix button. This means you can stream your favorite movies and television shows without the need for any additional apps or devices, but it also means that if you accidentally press the Netflix button because of its placement on the remote control, then you could end up paying money to watch something on Netflix unwittingly. If this sounds like something you want to avoid happening to you, then read on!
The streaming stick from NVIDIA is named plainly as the NVIDIA SHIELD TV, on the other hand, the higher-end, more expensive set-top box holds the “Pro” status. These devices have gained popularity due to NVIDIA’s stellar track record with Android TV support, but a noteworthy aspect of both devices is the revamped remote. This remote includes keys for everything you’d want, along with a shortcut to Netflix, which may come in useful for binge-watching.
However, if you’re not a huge Netflix humane, you might find this button annoying, thanks to its dysfunctionality. You might want to rework that button, so you could put it to some use. Luckily there is a way to remap this button to whatever you want. This method revolves around an app called “Button Mapper” by XDA Recognized Developer flar2, which has been existing for over 3 years. Redditors figured out how to use it to effectively remap the remote’s Netflix button.
How to disable the Netflix button: Step-by-step guide
- Head over to the Google Play Store and download the Button Mapper app on your device. No need for root or any other modifications.
- Install and then launch Button Mapper on your Shield or Shield Pro.
- You’ll be prompted to enable it as an Accessibility Service, which you need to enable.
- Open the ‘Add Buttons’ page, click on ‘Add Button’, then press the Netflix button on your remote.
- Pick the newly added button from the list and then toggle the setting for customization.
You can then assign whatever function you’d like for the button. Or you could also choose to disable the button altogether. If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also how to disable the Netflix button on the Nvidia Sheild pro remote.