- Advertisement -
If you plan to delete telegram account for good, you need to make sure it’s gone. This can be tricky and time-consuming if not done properly. Let’s look at the three different ways in which this is possible.
Telegram was launched way back in 2013 and there are millions of people who choose Telegram’s service over WhatsApp. However, like every other company, Telegram has had issues over the years, especially with regard to its famed privacy service. When news broke out that, Telegram does not use end-to-end encryption by default, people started to have second thoughts over using the app.
How to delete Telegram account on Android?
- You have to go through the deactivation process. You have to select the time frame based on which your Telegram account will get disabled.
- Open Telegram app, then click on Settings
- Select the Privacy and Security tab
- Scroll down to If Away for the section to delete the account
- Select the wanted time frame after which your account will be disabled. You can choose from 1, 3, 6, up to 12 months. By default, Telegram will set this to 6 months.
If you do not use your account for the selected time frame, Telegram will permanently delete your account on Android.
- Advertisement -
How to delete your Telegram account on iPhone?
- Open the App on iPhone, then navigate go to Settings
- Tap on Privacy and Security
- Scroll over to If Away for option
- Tap on 6 months to get more options, up to 12 months
If your Telegram account remains idle for your selected time frame, then your account will be deleted along with all messages and contacts.
How to delete a Telegram account using a Browser?
- Open the Telegram Deactivation page on any web browser.
- Enter the phone number used for creating your Telegram account. Add the country code before putting your mobile number, then select Next.
- Then you will receive an alphanumeric code on the Telegram mobile app.
- Enter the alphanumeric code to finish signing in to your account.
- From the Telegram Core section, select the Delete Account option
- Telegram will want the reason behind the deletion of your account. Answering this query, however, is optional.
- After filling, it/or not click on Delete My Account
- Telegram will reconfirm if you are sure about deleting your Telegram account. Select, Yes, delete my account to end cut ties with Telegram.
Following the above-mentioned steps will delete your Telegram account instantly. If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know how to delete the Telegram account.