Instagram is an app that has become popular in the past few years. It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger on October 6, 2010. Instagram allows users to share moments from their day through pictures or videos with followers all over the world, but what happens if you want to delete your account? This blog post will teach you how to delete Instagram account!
Instagram is undeniably the most used social media app. It is interesting to know about our friends, favorite celebrities up to, but sometimes it seems like it is triggering anxiety in the run of the ‘perfect’ lifestyle for perfect pictures. This photo-sharing app can be addictive, too. That is when people think about deactivating or deleting their Instagram accounts. Of course, there may be several reasons for that decision like online bullying, trolls, hate comments or feeling distracted, etc. Whatever your reason might be, if you are about to get out of this application, we are here to guide you through.
You can either temporarily deactivate your account for a few days to take a social detox, or permanently delete your account from Instagram. But don’t forget to collect all your important data before deleting it permanently because once you hit that, there is no way to get them back.
You can only delete or deactivate your account from a web browser or a computer, as the application doesn’t allow this.
How to delete Instagram account temporarily
- First, visit the Instagram page on a browser on your mobile or computer and log in if you are not.
- Click your profile which is on the upper right-hand corner of the page and click edit profile.
- Scroll down to see “temporarily disable my account” and select that option.
- You’ll be asked to select an option from the dropdown menu of “Why are you disabling your account” and you can choose any of them and re-enter your password.
- After re-entering your password, click on “Temporarily disable my account” and your account is deactivated temporarily.
Remember, you can delete only one account once every six days. Whenever you want to activate your account, you can just log in to your account in the application, and it will be back. All your posts, info, everything will remain the same.
How to delete Instagram account Permanently
- As said above, this can be done using a web browser. Log in to your account and go to settings from your profile and click help and next to help center. Then click on manage your account and then select delete your account.
- Once you are on that page after clicking the link, you’ll be asked to select an option from the dropdown menu as to “why are you deleting the account”. Select an option and re-enter your password.
- Click on “Permanently delete my account” and you are gone.
But once you delete your account permanently, you will be given a 30-day time to reactivate it by simply logging in with your ID, if at all you change your mind and beyond that, your account is permanently deleted, and you cannot sign in with the same username. But if you want to download your data, simply go to settings in the Instagram application and click security, then access data and select view all.