Apple still hasn’t quite made it easy to delete contacts on iPhone at the same time. What does delete a contact mean? When you delete a contact, it permanently deletes the contact from your device as a whole. When you delete a contact from your email account, that person will be permanently deleted across all devices signed in to the same account.
Delete contacts on iPhone “The easy way”
- Open the Contacts, then tap on the contact that you want to delete.
- Tap on Edit.
- Scroll Down, then tap on Delete Contact after that tap on Delete Contact again for confirmation.
Now that I have told you how to delete a contact, wouldn’t it make sense to tell you how to Add Contacts to your iPhone?
How to Set up your contact’s account?
You can use your email accounts to share contacts with the Contacts app. If you already have a contacts account, for example, a business or school directory, you can set that up too. Just follow the steps given below.
- Open Settings > Contacts > Accounts.
- Tap on Add Account.
- Tap on the service that you have an account with. Or tap on Other to set up a contacts account, for example, an LDAP or CardDAV account.
- Enter the required information and password.
- Then tap on Next.
If you have multiple accounts set up and want to see contacts for a specific account. Then open contacts and tap on Groups in the upper-left corner.
You could also either turn contacts on or off for an account
- Just open Settings > Contacts > Accounts.
- Tap on the account that you want to add or remove.
- To add the contacts, turn on Contacts. To remove the contacts, turn off contacts, then tap Delete from My iPhone.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know about how to delete contacts on iPhone.