Are you thinking about changing your Apple ID password because you forgot your Apple ID password or believe that it is far too simple to guess, or do you just want a fresh start? However, if you have no idea where to start or what to do if this ever happens to you, It is really simple to change your Apple ID password, and there’s no need to be concerned since we can assist you in doing so.
Change Apple ID Password step-by-step guide:
It’s only natural for users to forget their passwords and need to reset them. Apple, like many other websites, lets to change your password by following these simple steps.
How to change the password using Apple iPhone?
- Go to the settings.
- Click your Apple ID on the top. It is unique to each and every user.
- After selecting your name, a new window appears with the option “password and security” select that, and it will redirect you to a different window.
- In the new window, Select the option ‘change password’
- A new entry box appears where you must now type in your new password.
How to change the password on Mac?
With macOS Catalina:
- Select the Apple menu option and when a new window appears select “system preferences”
- Click on the Apple ID, and when a new window appears, select the option “password and security”.
- If you are asked to enter the Apple ID password, then click “Forgot Apple ID or password” and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you completed all the above steps, then you don’t have to follow the next step.
- Click change password, and then you will be asked to enter the password of the mac that you use to unlock.
If you are using Mac with macOS Mojave, High Sierra, or Sierra:
- Chose the apple menu, a new window will appear where you have to choose the option “system preferences”, then select iCloud.
- Choose the “account details” option.
- If you are asked to enter the Apple ID then select the option “Forgot Apple ID or password” and follow the step that appears on the screen.
- If the top step scenario doesn’t work out, then do the following:
- Click on the “Security” option and then select the “Reset Password” option.
- Once that is done, you will be asked to enter the password of the mac.
- This is the password that must be used to unlock the Mac.
This is how you can change the Apple ID password using different devices. We recommend that you change the Apple ID password on a regular basis to keep your data safe. When it comes to Apple devices, the Apple ID is a critical component since it is the apple user identity that must be safeguarded at all times.