This article explains how to set up as well as how reset various Smart Plugs in your home. Using a smart plug allows you to control one or multiple devices through the app or a voice assistant of your choice, you can also set specific schedules as well as timers.
Setup Smart Plugs
How to set up Gosund Smart Plug?
- First, insert the Gosund smart plug into the socket you wish to use.
- Then, scan the QR code on the Gosund box.
- Download the Gosund app from Apple App Store or Google Play depending on which smartphone you use.
- Open the Gosund app, then sign up using your email address.
- You will be prompted to enter the verification code sent to your email address.
- Then, set up your account password.
- In the app, tap on Add Device.
- On the next screen, tap on Add Manually, then tap on Socket/Wi-Fi.
- A screen will appear asking you to verify your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network, if the wrong network is showing, navigate to your phone’s Wi-Fi settings, then tap on the appropriate network.
- Type in your password, then tap on Next.
- Take a look at the smart plug in the socket to make sure the indicator is blinking rapidly.
- If the indicator does not blink rapidly, hold the indicator for five seconds.
- Tap on Confirm indicator rapidly blink on the screen, then tap on Next.
- A screen will appear indicating the device is being added, when you see a confirmation screen explaining the device has been successfully added, tap on Done.
- To make sure everything works, navigate to the home screen in the Gosund app, to do so tap on Home on the bottom left of the screen. The smart plug you just set up should appear amongst any other smart plugs you have already installed in your home. These smart plugs can all be renamed for you to be able to easily identify which plug is which. The smart plugs can also be grouped so that you can turn on all devices at once.
- To turn a smart plug on or off, tap on the plug you wish to operate on the screen.
- Press the circle which is labeled Socket is off to turn the socket on.
How to set up TP-Link Smart Plug Switch via Kasa?
1. Open the Kasa App to log in to the cloud account.
a. What if you don’t have an account, you can sign up.
b. Login to the Kasa App with the cloud account.
2. Add your Smart Plug on Kasa APP, to do so tap on “+” and “Add a Device”, then click on “Smart plug.” Choose an icon according to your model number.
3. Follow the instruction on the Kasa app to power on the HS100, then wait for the Wi-Fi light to blink orange and green.
If the light does not begin blinking orange and green, reset the HS100 as per the User Guide/Quick Installation Guide.
4. Connect your phone to the Smart Plug Wi-Fi, there is a difference between Android and iOS phones in this step.
5. Connect the smart Plug to your home network, if you cannot find your home network in the Wi-Fi list, click on “Join Other Network” which is at the bottom of the Wi-Fi list. Then enter your home network SSID as well as password manually. After this step, the smart plug will be connected to the home network.
6. Name the smart plug that you want.
7. You can customize an icon for the Smart Plug, you can choose an icon from the list, choose from the “Albums” of your smartphone or you can take a photo.
8. Click the Smart Plug icon a page can be seen below, here you can configure the advanced settings for example Schedule/Away/Timer.
9. Tap on settings (gear icon) to enter the interface of Device Settings, then click on “Name and Icon” to edit the name as well as an icon of the smart plug. Click on “Device Info” to view the basic information about the smart plug.
How to set up Amazon smart plug?
Before you begin the setup process, download or update the Alexa app from your mobile device’s app store.
- First, plug your device into the wall.
- Then, open the Alexa app.
- Tap on More, then tap on Add Device.
- Tap on Plug.
- Now, follow the instructions to set up the smart plug device.
How to Setup wemo smart plug?
- First, launch the Wemo app, then tap on login.
- After you log in, you will be redirected to the Devices list. This screen will display the existing Wemo devices linked to your account.
- Visit the Wi-Fi Settings on your phone, then connect to the default Wemo WiFi.
- After you connect, open the Wemo app again.
- Her, give your Wemo a name, then tap on Next.
- Tap on your home Wi-Fi, then enter the Wi-Fi password when it prompts.
The Wemo device will begin to connect to your Wi-Fi, after it is connected, the app will discover the Wemo devices. Once setup is complete, you will be redirected to the Devices list, from here you can control all your Wemo devices.
How to Setup Teckin smart plug?
- After you unbox the Teckin plug, you will see a manual on which there is a written QR code, this has to be scanned to install the app.
- Connect the Teckin plug to a main electrical socket, then plug the lamp into the Teckin socket.
- Open the Play store and search for (Android) Smartlife app /Teckin app (IOS) Smartlife app /Teckin app, then install it.
- Open the app, then tap the + ADD button, which is situated on the right at the top-hand corner.
- Tap on Electrical Outlet.
- Then unplug the Teckin plug from the main socket and plug it back in, then hold for 5 seconds to reset it.
- To confirm that the reset is successful, the Teckin outlet button will rapidly blink.
- Tap on Confirm Indicator Rapidly Blink.
- The app will ask for a Wi-Fi password to connect.
- And that’s it you’re done.
Reset Smart Plugs
How to Reset a TP-Link Kasa Smart Plug?
A soft reset can be applied to fix mostly all of the issues you are having with your Kasa smart plug, and it just takes just a few seconds to complete.
- While keeping your TP-Link Kasa smart plug still plugged into the power outlet, locate the reset or control button. The location of the button will depend on the model of plug you have; the button might be on the top or it can be on the side of the device.
- Press, then hold the reset button for 5 seconds.
- The Wi-Fi LED light will begin to blink amber and green. When it does, you can navigate to the app, then follow any prompts that you might see there. If you can see no prompts, after the smart plug stops blinking, the soft reset should be complete.
How to Factory Reset Your Kasa Smart Plug?
If the soft reset does not manage to fix the problem or change ownership of the plug, a factory reset is nearly as simple as the soft reset and it is sure to get the job done.
- Before we begin, make sure your TP-Link Kasa smart plug has been securely plugged into an outlet.
- Press, then hold the reset or control button on your Kasa smart plug for nearly around 10 seconds.
- The button can be released when the Wi-Fi LED light rapidly blinks amber, and the plug should switch back to factory default settings, i.e., as when you first unboxed it. After the reset is done you can then install as well as configure the Kasa smart plug as a new device.
How to Reset Amazon Smart Plug?
- Before the reset process is started make sure the Smart Plug is plugged into a working power outlet. Then press the button on the side of the Smart Plug.
- You have to hold the button until the LED light on the Smart Plug turns red.
- Now, wait till the LED light starts to blink blue.
- When the LED blinks blue, it indicates that the plug has been reset. If you wish to continue using the plug, you will need to set it up again.
How to reset Teckin smart plug?
- To reset a Teckin smart plug, the process is simple and concise.
- First, press and hold the Power button.
- Hold it for about 5 to 10 seconds until the LED light starts blinking rapidly and then slowly.
- This should reset your device.
How to reset gosund smart plug?
1. First, you need to connect the Smart Plug to AC Power
2. Press, then Hold the Action Button to proceed
3. Next, you should release the Button when it Rapidly Blinks Blue
4. You have Now Reset your Gosund Smart WiFi Plug successfully.
How to reset wemo smart plugs?
A reset is used to remove customizations from your Wemo smart plug. This reset process can be performed manually on the device when needing to change Wi-Fi settings. Or, this can also be done using the Wemo app when you want to remove more.
Resetting using the Wemo app
Step 1: Tap Edit, this is situated in the upper right-hand corner.
NOTE: Before you begin the process make sure you are logged in to your Wemo account.
Step 2: Tap on your Wemo smart plug you wish to reset.
Step 3: Tap on Reset Options.
Step 4: Now, select the type of reset you wish to do:
- You can choose Clear Personalized Info to remove any custom names, stored rules, as well as custom icons. This is useful when you are troubleshooting any major issues.
- You can select Change Wi-Fi if you are preparing to change your Wi-Fi name as well as password or if you are performing a full restore of your router.
Resetting using the button (Wi-Fi Reset)
You also have the ability to perform a manual reset in cases when your Wemo smart plug can no longer connect to your network after you changed your Wi-Fi name or Wi-Fi password.
Step 1: While keeping the Wemo smart plug plugged in, press, then hold the power button.
Step 2: Keep holding the power button down until the Status Light begins to rapidly flash white.
Step 3: Now, release the power button to Wi-Fi and reset the Wemo smart plug.