USB-C is the new standard for charging laptops and tablets. It offers a number of advantages over older USB connectors, including faster-charging speeds and more versatile use. If you’re looking for a charger that will work with your USB-C device, check out our list of the best options available on the market today. We’ve compiled a variety of chargers, from small and portable models to ones that can handle high wattage loads. So whether you’re looking for something to take with you on the go or a desktop charger for at home, we have something perfect for you!
There used to be a time when buying a new laptop charger was a difficult as well as an expensive affair. However, computers with USB-C charging have made replacements easier and affordable. The best choice for nearly any modern tablet/laptop is Nekteck’s 60W USB-C GaN Charger. This adapter is powerful and reliable as a replacement from the laptop’s manufacturer while being smaller than most. This charger is safety-tested and certified.
If there arises a need to replace your original charger or if you just want to have an extra one at home or the office, you should go for the Nekteck 60W USB-C GaN Charger. This can charge almost any USB-C laptop at full speed. It will fast-charge lower-powered laptops, and tablets, along with most modern smartphones.
The Nekteck is smaller than just about any other 60- or 65-watt charger. It also comes with a 6.5 feet detachable cable, which usually costs $10 to $20. This charger, like most of it, is USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) certified, which means that an independent third party has tested it and ensured it meets performance and safety specifications. If Nekteck’s price happens to rise above $30, it would be better to consider the non-certified ZMI model.
Best USB-C Laptop chargers
- ZMI’s zPower Turbo 65W USB-C PD Wall Charger
- The Amazon Basics 100W Four-Port GaN Wall Charger
- Nekteck’s 5-Port 111W USB Wall Charger
ZMI’s zPower Turbo 65W USB-C PD Wall Charger
ZMI zPower Turbo 65W USB-C PD Laptop Charger Power Adapter Compatible with Laptops Chargeable via USB-C (Not Compatible with Legacy Models with Barrel Charging Ports) - Black
- Incredibly compact and lightweight for a non-GaN wall charger. Matches up well against some GaN chargers of the same rated power output. At a fraction of the cost of GaN-based alternatives. USB-C wall charger: 65W output to power USB PD enabled devices from newer laptops to tablets to smartphones; charges your 13-inch MacBook Pro to 100% in just 2.1 hours
- Certified in accordance with FCC and UL 60950-1 by SGS N.A., a Nationally Recognized Testing Lab. SGS N.A. listed and marked. Meets DOE Level VI energy efficiency. Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 1.5A; Output (USB-C): 5V3A 9V3A 12V3A 15V3A 20V3.25A; Dimensions: 1.97 × 1.97 × 1.10 in (50 × 50 × 28 mm); Net Weight: 3.42 oz (97 g)
- Compatible with MacBook Pro 13" 2016, MB Air 2018; Dell Latitude 12 5285 /5320 /7275 /7285/ 5480/E5480/ E7370/E7380/E7480, XPS 15 9550/9560, XPS 13 7390/9250/9260/9350/9360/9370/9380, Inspiron 13 7000/7378 2-in-1, Chromebook 3100; HP EliteBook Folio G1 12.5, Spectre 13-af001/x360 13-w021TU/13-v 119tu/13-ac033dx, Zbook StudioG5 15.6"; Yoga C740/C930/C940/920-13IKB/910-13IKB, ThinkPad T470/ T570/S3-490 /T490s/X270/X280/X390/X13/E14/T14/T15/ L15 Yoga/New S2 13.3/ A485/X1
- Compatible with Yoga 2nd Gen/Carbon X1/Yoga 6 IdeaPad 730S; Google Pixelbook; Acer Spin 7, Switch Alpha 12, SF713-51-M707, Chromebook 14/15/r13; ASUS Transformer 3 Pro, S510, Flip C302/C101, ZenBook Flip S/Deluxe/Pro/3 Deluxe, a325ua, Chromebook c423na; Microsoft Surface Go; LG Gram 13Z970/15Z960/15Z970
- IN THE BOX: 1× wall charger, 1× 1.5-meter (4.92-foot) USB-C to USB-C cable with emark (which supports charging and USB 2.0 data), User Guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, and US-based tech support
Its 65 watts is plenty of power for most laptops/tablets. ZMI comes with a 4.9 feet detachable sturdy cable. The reason this isn’t at the top is that the ZMI charger isn’t USB-IF certified. While that might not be a dealbreaker altogether, it’s worth a few more dollars to get the certified charger.
If the size is your most important consideration, if all your device’s requirement is fulfilled by 30 watts, ZMI’s zPower 33W USB-C Wall Charger is the charger. Its volume is less than half that of the above picks, and its compact design won’t block any outlets when you plug it in. However, no USB-C cable is included.
The Amazon Basics 100W Four-Port GaN Wall Charger
Amazon Basics 100W Four-Port GaN Charger with 2 USB-C Ports (65W + 18W) and 2 USB-A Ports (17W) and 10ft USB-C Charging Cable - White (May Ship Separately)
- Impressive power: 2 USB-C ports (60-watt and 18-watt) and 2 USB-A ports (17-watt); conveniently charge 2 USB-C enabled devices (including a laptop) and 2 smartphones at the same time
- GaN technology: GaN components waste less power and produce less heat (compared to silicon), which translates to a more efficient charge
- Compact size: small but powerful thanks to innovative GaN technology; design includes a foldable plug for travel-friendly portability
- Connect USB Type-C enabled devices with each other for charging and data transfer e.g. MacBook, Chromebook Pixel, Galaxy Note 7, other type C android phones, and type-C enabled devices (car/wall charger, external battery power bank, etc.)
- Fast Sync & Charge: Supports fast charging up to 60W (20V/3A) and data transfer speeds up to 480 Mbps
This matches the speed of 14-, 15- as well as the 2019 16-inch MacBook Pro charger. It has a second USB-C port, along with two USB-A ports in a body about the same size. You can use the USB-C ports one of which delivers up to 100 W, while the other one delivers 18 W. The USB-A ports charge 12 watts, which is enough for a quick charge for most modern smartphones.
- Port 1: 100 W USB-C
- Port 2: 18 W USB-C
- Port 3: 12 W USB-A
- Port 4: 12 W USB-A
- Dimensions: 3.2 by 3.2 by 1.2 inches
- USB-C cable is not included
Nekteck’s 5-Port 111W USB Wall Charger
Nekteck 111W USB C Wall Charger Station, One 87W Type C Power Delivery Port and Home Travel USB-A Port Compatible with 2018 MacBook Pro, Surface Book, Dell XPS, ThinkPad, iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel XL
- Revolutionary Speed: Charge any USB C device at top speed with the Power Delivery port (87W maximum speed), with Smart Technology. The 4 power ports intelligently recognize your device to boost charging speeds up to 2.4A
- One-for-All: Offers simultaneous charge for your laptop, tablets, smart phones and other mobile devices for everyone—all from just one charger and outlet; Compatible with most laptops and smart phones such as MacBook 2018, iPad Pro 2018, iPhone Xs Max XR 8, iPad Pro Mini Air, Samsung Galaxy S7S7 Edge, Kindle, etc. Note, this charger don't support Sumsung Note 10/10S/10+ PPS
- Superior Safety: USB-IF, UL, CE, FCC certificated, 11-Points set of Advanced safety with multi-protection like surge protection, temperature control, and more - lets you charge with total peace of mind.
- Travel Ready: Multiple USB ports compact design, and 100-240 Volt input are ideal for travel anywhere in the world.
- Bonus Cable: Bonus USB-IF Certified Type-C Cable 3.3ft (up to 100W Capable). NOTE: In order to charge up to 87W, it's required to use included cable OR 5A/100W USB-IF Certified cable to achieve the optimal performance. 24-month worry-free warranty (extend 12-month ) quality guarantee
It provides nearly 87-watt charging from its USB-C port. This charger is suitable even for laptops like the 14-, 15-, or 2019 16-inch MacBook Pro. This has four USB-A ports for other devices and accessories like phones, headphones, or even a power bank. It comes with a 3 feet, detachable USB-C charging cable.
- Port 1: 87 W USB-C
- Port 2: 12 W USB-A
- Port 3: 12 W USB-A
- Port 4: 12 W USB-A
- Port 5: 12 W USB-A
The 15-inch MacBook Pro has the ability to charge at up to 87 watts, and the 2019 16-inch and 2021 14-inch model maxes out at 96 watts. Nekteck’s 100W PD 3.0 GaN Wall Charger is the best option for them. This 100-watt charger is smaller than Apple’s charger. It also comes with a 6.5 ft detachable USB-C charge cable. It costs less than half the price of a full replacement set. It’s independently tested and certified.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know The Best USB-C Laptop and Tablet Chargers