AT&T Smart Home Manager is an easy way for the users to personalize as well as manage their home network info from their device.
If you have AT&T Internet with one of these Wi-Fi gateways, the app will be free for you:
Note: Know that Smart Home Manager is limited to home Wi-Fi networks. The features might also vary by gateway model.
What can I do using ATT smart manager?
- You can find as well as change your Wi-Fi network info.
- You can view or change your Wi-Fi network name and password in just a few steps.
- You have the ability to create names for each device on your network
- You will have the ability to keep in check of the users who are connected to your home network and, can name the devices for cross reference.
- With the ATT feature, parental controls will become much more easier as now you can manage the screen time for each user by segregating them by their usernames and you’ll be able to apply content filters to separate users.
- Run a speed test
- You can check the efficiency, by measuring the performance speed provided to your wifi gateway
- Check the home network Wi-Fi coverage that is Available on the mobile app, only:
- Select the smart home manager app on you mobile.
- Select the For You tab.
- Search for the Easily Find Weak Wi-Fi in Your Home card, and select Get Started.
- Follow the prompts to check your home network Wi-Fi coverage.
- Reboot your gateway
- Refresh all your connections with a gateway restart. Select Network, then Restart Network to complete the process.
Can AT&T Smart Home Manager block websites?
And to add parental control, check out the information that is given under the Smart Home Manager Features.
The parental controls allow you to set up profiles for each device, and it will allow you to block certain websites and set up time limits for those devices.
How to know who is using my AT&T Wi-Fi?
With Smart Home Manager, you’ll be able to see the users that are connected to the network and can add username for each user.
- Go to Smart Home Manager.
- Choose Network and then select Connected Devices. Only the devices connected to the network will be shown.
- Choose the device you want to view. After that change the device name for your network.
Good to know:
If Smart Home Manager can’t identify the device type, it’ll list it as Other.
Changing your Wi-Fi password is a great way to have peace of mind.
How to remove a user from my AT&T Wi-Fi?
From your device’s web browser go to http://att.wirelessinternet. Type in your Admin login, then click on Login.
BLOCK A DEVICE: Click Connected Devices
- Click on ‘Block Access’ checkbox that is next to the desired device. Click Apply when finished.
- Click OK.
- The devices that are blocked will be listed in the Blocked Wi-Fi device(s) panel.
To UNBLOCK A DEVICE: From the Blocked Wi-Fi device(s) panel, click ‘Unblock Access’ checkbox that is next to the desired device. Click Apply when finished.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know What is AT&T smart home manager?