Monday, May 16, 2022

Brave browser pays you for browsing

Brave browser pays you for browsing
Brave browser pays you for browsing

What if I told you that there is a browser out there that pays you for browsing? That’s right, Brave Browser pays you in BAT tokens to browse the web. You can use your BAT to buy things like gift cards or donate them back to content creators. The best part about this browser is that it blocks ads and trackers by default, so it protects your privacy and speeds up page loading time! It also has an ad-blocker add-on, so it blocks all of those pesky pop-ups too!

The seclusion-centered browser Brave previewed its new advertising prototype, it allows customers to earn digital tokens for viewing online ads. But, there’s always a catch as the goal isn’t to help the users to make quick cash, but to forward the funds to their favored websites.

Brave promises to channel 70% of earned revenue to users who loads, view the ads. The rest 30 percent will be directed towards browser developers. The revenue sharing is carried out through Brave Rewards, an opt-in feature that’s available in the browser’s desktop version. After activation, it’ll serve ads that one can view to earn a digital token called BAT.

Brave browser pays, but What’s the Catch?

Revenue is in the form of Basic Attention Tokens (BAT), which can be spent online. End of every month, one will be able to withdraw BAT in form of cash or can pay by tipping their favorite websites or content creators. By default, the browser comes with an ad blocker.

Eich* didn’t want to completely eliminate online ads, but to only strip out invasive web tracking. Brave’s new reward program does this as it will only serve you ads that will preserve your digital privacy. In the early stages, ads will be appearing as tiny pop-ups in the corner of your screen as you browse through the internet. One can choose to view the ad by clicking the notification, which will, in turn, generate that ad in a private tab. So that they’ll be providing you with relevant results, Brave’s on-device add matching will look at keywords in the web pages you load.

Getting paid isn’t the only look-up of opting into Brave Ads, control the ads you see and how often you see them. With Brave, ads only play on your own terms. If an ad successfully grabs your attention,  and after you click on it, you get paid in BAT, the advertiser gets the chance to make a sale. No matter how you see it, it’s a win-win.

If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), please leave us a comment below or share it with friends, so they can try Brave out too.

*a former Mozilla CEO.

You may also like

Halfofthe Footer Logo

Halfofthe is a technology news-related website where we focus on providing readers with updates from the world of tech, entertainment, sports, and more. We also provide insights into health-related topics including tips for healthy living as well as medical conditions that are prevalent in today’s society.

“As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.”

Contact us: [email protected]