Robot vacuums are becoming more and more popular as people realize just how much of a help they can be. No longer are these appliances limited to Jetsons-style homes or the pages of science fiction robot vacuums are everyday devices that can take charge of your housekeeping. And many robot vacuums boast sophisticated features, such as electronic sensors, lasers, CPUs, and AI-enhanced software.
Vacuums have made tremendous progress. You no longer have to drag around an unwieldy plastic hose connected to a tortoise-sized wheeled container with a handle. In fact, you don’t even need to get off your sofa. There are several excellent robot vacuums on the market that can help you clean up dust, pet hair, and other debris in your house without requiring you to do anything. Which one is right for you? In this article, we’ve gathered up our top-rated robot vacuums and given a few pointers to assist you to discover the one that’s right for you.
Cutting-edge technologies like lasers and cameras allow the best robot vacuums to go where humans can’t, maneuver around your house without crashing into furniture or plummeting down a flight of stairs. A number of robovacs can also identify and avoid obstacles, such as a sock that has escaped the laundry pile, or a charging cable inadvertently left on the floor – rather than ploughing straight through and potentially catching the items in its brushes.
Robovacs features superior suction power than upright vacuums, and their batteries last longer than cordless vacuums, making them among the best vacuum cleaners available right now. There are also versions that can clean your hard floors as well as collect dust from them.
Do you want to know how often your robot vacuum cleaner should be swept? To preserve your floors clean, use a robot vacuum at least twice a week. However, don’t discard your current vacuum because it will be required for staircases (if you have them).
List of best Robot Vacuums 2022
- iRobot Roomba S9 Plus
- Roborock S7
- Eufy 11S
- Roborock S6 MaxV
- Coredy R750 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Looking for a robot vacuum that really takes care of business? Look no further than the iRobot Roomba s9+. This bad boy has a Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal, which means you never have to worry about vacuuming for months at a time. It also has 40x the suction power of other robot vacuums, making it perfect for deep-cleaning carpets. Plus, with power boost technology, it can reach even deeper and get rid of all that pesky pet hair. So why wait? Order your iRobot Roomba s9+ today!
The iRobot Roomba s9+ (9550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal is the most advanced robotic vacuum yet. It has groundbreaking technology and a sophisticated design, making it our smartest and most powerful robot vacuum to date. With 40x the suction power of other vacuums, this bad boy can clean deep within your carpets and remove debris and pet hair like never before. The Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal empties the vacuum for up to 60 days so you don’t have to worry about vacuuming for months at a time!
Features to consider:
- Long-lasting Battery– The Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal allows the s9 to empty itself for up to 60 days, so you can relax and enjoy your free time.
- Most Advanced – With groundbreaking technology and a sophisticated design, the s9 is our smartest, most powerful robot vacuum yet.
- Deepest clean – The superior 3-Stage Cleaning Technique has three stages: lift, loosen, and remove debris, as well as pet hair from deep inside your carpets. With power boost tech, the suction is automatically increased to clean even deeper.
iRobot Roomba s9+ (9550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal- Empties itself, Wi-Fi Connected, Smart Mapping, Powerful Suction, Corners & Edges, Ideal for Pet Hair, Black
The Roborock S7 Robot Vacuum and Mop is the perfect solution for a clean and streak-free home. With 2500PA suction, this little powerhouse can take on any spills or messes that come its way. The sonic mopping technology gets deep into stains, dirt, and grime – up to 3000 times per minute! Not to mention, it comes with a 300 mL electronic water tank to ensure a thorough cleanse every time. Whether it’s coffee spills, muddy paw prints, or just everyday dust, the Roborock S7 has got you covered – no muss, no fuss.
Features to consider:
- Sonic mopping technology – With sonic mopping technology that gets deep into stains, dirt, and grime 3000 times per minute, the Roborock S-series robot vacuum cleaners leave your floors clean and streak-free.
- Electronic water tank – The Roborock S-series robot vacuum cleaners come with a 300 mL electronic water tank to ensure a thorough cleanse every time.
- 2500PA suction power – With 2500PA suction power, the Roborock S-series robot vacuum cleaners can take on any spills or messes that come their way.
Roborock S7 Robot Vacuum and Mop, 2500PA Suction & Sonic Mopping, Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Multi-Level Mapping, Works with Alexa, Mop Floors and Vacuum Carpets in One Clean, Perfect for Pet Hair
The Eufy RoboVac 11S is the newest and slimmest RoboVac to date. It’s been re-engineered with powerful suction at 1300Pa, and BoostIQ Technology that automatically increases suction power when needed. With a Quiet Clean mode, it operates at a volume no louder than an operating microwave, making it perfect for vacuuming while you’re home or away. Plus, with premium features like an anti-scratch tempered glass top cover, infrared sensor, and drop-sensing technology, the RoboVac 11S is designed to provide a thorough clean every time.
Features to consider:
- BoostIQ Technology: When more vacuuming force is required to obtain the finest clean, this function instantly raises suction power by 1.5 bars (twenty bars).
- A Quiet Clean: For up to 100 minutes on hardwood floors with consistent, strong suction at a level no louder than an operating microwave, the Shark Ion VX-2 is a lightweight upright that can vacuum for long periods of time.
- Premium Features: The latest generation comes with a glass-top cover that is anti-scratch, an infrared sensor for avoiding obstacles, and drop-sensing technology to avoid falls.
eufy by Anker, BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim), Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Super-Thin, 1300Pa Strong Suction, Quiet, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
Roborock S6 MaxV
Introducing the Roborock S6 MaxV Robot Vacuum and Mop with Dual Cameras – the next generation in robotic vacuuming technology. This innovative product features dual cameras which allow it to see obstacles in its path, preventing it from getting caught on furniture or creating a mess. With infrared imaging, the MaxV can also see in the dark, making it perfect for cleaning those hard-to-reach places. Using twin cameras and advanced ReactiveAI obstacle avoidance technology, S6 MaxV estimates the size and location of every obstacle and the best way to clean around them, giving you a product that is both intelligent and efficient.
Features to consider:
- Dual camera: The Roborock S6 MaxV’s dual cameras can see obstacles such as pet waste, cables, and chair legs in its path instead of getting caught on an obstacle or making a mess, allowing it to clean without interruption.
- Night vision: MaxV’s infrared vision can help you see in the dark as well, thanks to its infrared mapping.
- Obstacle handler: S6 MaxV employs twin cameras and sophisticated ReactiveAI obstacle avoidance technology to figure out the size and position of all objects, as well as the ideal route to clean around them, giving MaxV the smarts to avoid both known items and unknown ones.
Roborock S6 MaxV Robot Vacuum and Mop with Dual Cameras, Recognize and Avoids Obstacles, 2500Pa Strong Suction, Smart Mapping, Advanced Night Vision, Good for Pet Hair
Coredy R750 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The Coredy robot vacuum cleaner is a high-powered device that offers 1500PA of suction power – more than enough to take care of all your vacuuming needs. It includes a dustbin with a capacity of 0.65L, so you can clean it for longer before needing to empty it. And, with its anti-collision system and drop-sensing technology, the R750 robot vacuum cleaner is designed to provide a thorough clean every time, without fear of damage or accidents.
Features to consider:
- Boost-Intellect Technology: R750 robot vacuum cleaner supports boost-intellect technology, enables it automatically increase suction power within seconds when the carpet is detected, moves effortlessly from hard-surface floor to carpet, once off the carpet, normal suction returns. Upgrade vacuums up to 2200pa Max pure power suction strength for an impressive clean.
- Intelligent Mopping Cleaning System: R750 robot vacuum cleaner adopts the latest mopping technology – mop dry cleaning cloth absorbs dirt and water on the floor after cleaning; easy to replace and wash.
Coredy R750 Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Compatible with Alexa, Mopping System, Boost Intellect, Virtual Boundary Supported, 2200Pa Suction, Super-Thin, Upgraded Robotic Vacuums, Cleans Hard Floor to Carpet
Robot vacuum FAQs
How do robot vacuums work and what are their advantages?
Robot vacuums, which are designed to clean your house automatically and without effort, are made to do so so that you don’t have to. They can be scheduled to clean on a regular basis, on-demand, and even when you’re not home. The robot generally sits on a charging pad to replenish its power supply, which is powered by rechargeable batteries. When the dustbin becomes full, premium versions include docking stations that may also empty it when switched off.
What is the lifespan of Robot Vacuums?
Because of the numerous moving parts, electronics, and software in robot vacuums, they are considerably more complicated than standard vacuums. Nonetheless, with regular maintenance and replacement components such as batteries, brushes, and filters, these devices can operate for years just like regular vacuums. This should result in many years of usage.
Keep in mind that businesses usually give one-year limited warranties on their robots, which include parts and labor.
Do robot vacuums live up to the hype?
In a nutshell, yes. Although robot vacuums are more expensive than upright or cordless vacuums, you’re getting what you pay for. Because all you have to do is switch them on, robot vacuums are an ideal solution for busy people who don’t have time to run around cleaning.
Hardwood and carpeted surfaces are both good for robot vacuums, but if your house has a lot of staircases, you’ll need another vacuum to clean the steps. You’ll be able to switch these devices on while traveling and arrive home to a clean floor with numerous robot vacuums that can be programmed from your phone.
Does a robotic vacuum cleaner remove pet hair?
Many of the finest robot vacuums on our list, as well as other models we’ve tested, are also efficient at gathering pet hair and fine dust as well as larger particles from floors. If you have thick-pile carpets or rugs, Designs that include a Boost or Turbo mode are ideal since they allow you to temporarily boost the suction power, ensuring no fur is left when you’re done.
Can a robot vacuum clean well?
It’s impossible to predict how well a robot vacuum cleans your house. Robots may be stopped by clutter, such as wires, charging connections, toys, shoes, and clothing. The fewer amount of clutter there is in the first place, the better a robot will function. Some robot vacuum models are superior cleaners on tile, wood flooring, and various types of rugs than others.
Is it possible to have a robot vacuum instead of a regular one?
Even on thick carpets, robot vacuums can provide an impressive clean. As a result, they are a wonderful choice as an alternative to upright or other types of vacuums. They’ll also be more practical since you may program them to work while you’re occupied doing other things. The dust cups on robot vacuums are frequently smaller than those on the canister or upright vacuum cleaners.
There are no crevice tools on these robots, but they do have small brushes on the outside of their shells. The brushes do an excellent job of getting close to baseboards and ensuring that any crumbs or dirt on hard surfaces does not escape the vacuum’s suction. However, they can’t yet clean flights of stairs.