- Advertisement -
To watch Dailymotion on Roku there are multiple ways. We will show you some of the best ways depending on your device. Dailymotion is one of the most popular video-sharing platforms, it’s up there with YouTube and Facebook. Tons of videos are uploaded and streamed on Dailymotion a day. Dailymotion is accessible on several platforms, however, not on Roku devices. Even though Roku supports plenty of apps, Dailymotion is not downloadable on Roku.
Earlier, Roku users added Dailymotion as a private channel via a particular code. However, this is no longer available due to reasons. As Roku runs on its dedicated OS, you can’t just sideload the Android version of Dailymotion and expect it to work. Then how will you watch Dailymotion videos on Roku? It is all down to Screen Mirroring.
Before you mirror any device, you need to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku.
- Advertisement -
How to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku?
- Turn on your Roku.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose System.
- Select Screen Mirroring.
- Choose Always allow.
Watch Dailymotion on Roku Using Android:
- Download the Dailymotion app.
- Pull down the notification screen and tap the Cast icon. Or Navigate to Settings >> Connected Devices >> Connection Preferences >> Cast.
- Tap the three-dotted menu icon, then check the box near Enable Wireless Display.
- Select your Roku device from the list.
- A warning will pop up on your screen. Tap on Start Now.
- Your mobile screen will be mirrored onto the TV.
Using Windows PC you can follow the steps below to watch Dailymotion on Roku:
- Visit Dailymotion website
- Click on the Notification icon.
- Click on the Connect option from Action Center.
- Choose the Roku device from the list.
- Your desktop screen will be mirrored to your Roku-connected TV.
- Open a browser and head to dailymotion.com to enjoy the content.
Watch Dailymotion on Roku Using iPhone/iPad and Mac:
Most of the latest model Roku devices started supports Airplay, supported models:
- Roku TV – Axxxx, Cxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx.
- Stream bar – 9120.
- Smart Soundbar – 9101, 9100.
- Ultra – (4800, 4670, 4661).
- Premiere – 4630, 4620, 3920.
- Streaming Stick + – 3811, 3810.
You should enable your AirPlay feature before heading towards any further steps related to iPhone/iPad and Mac. If your device is not enabled for Airplay, navigate to the settings to enable it.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
- Click Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
- Turn on the AirPlay feature.
- Download Dailymotion app.
- Open Control Center.
- Tap the Screen Mirroring option.
- Choose your Roku device.
- Your iPhone will mirror on the Roku-connected TV, after successful connection.
- All that is left to do now is to open the Dailymotion app and start streaming.
- On the highest menu bar, click on the AirPlay icon.
- A list will appear on the screen. Choose your Roku device.
- On a successful connection, your Mac is going to be mirrored to the Roku-connected TV.
- Open any browser and go to dailymotion.com. Start streaming.