How to Set Up a Sleep Timer in Spotify? Did you know, you have the ability to stop the music from playing after a predefined period has passed? This article will show you how to configure and also how to use this feature on your iPhone/iPad, and Android phones.
Sleep timer in Spotify is just a timer for your music. When the timer is up, the app stops whatever it was playing. You might want to use this feature at your bedtime, as this ensures your music will stop playing when you have fallen asleep.
How to Use the Sleep Timer in Spotify?
Note – The sleep timer is only available in Spotify’s iPhone, iPad, and Android apps.
- To use the feature, open the Spotify app on a device. In the Spotify app, tap on a song so it starts playing. Then, at the bottom, tap on the “Now Playing” bar.
- On the “Now Playing” screen that appears, from the top-right corner, tap on the three dots.
- Scroll down the menu, then tap on “Sleep Timer.”
- A “Stop Audio In” screen will appear. Here, you will have to specify after what period Spotify should stop the music. The options available to you are 5, 10, 15, 30, and 45 minutes. There is also a 1-hour option.
- If you want Spotify to stop playing the music after the current music track has finished playing, select “End of Track.”
- After you have selected a period, Spotify will display a message that says “Your Sleep Timer is Set.”
- Then Spotify will stop the music when the timer is up. You can now sleep peacefully knowing the music won’t be playing all night.
- If you want to turn off the timer before it’s up, open the same three dots menu, then tap on “Sleep Timer.” Tap on “Turn Off Timer.”
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they also know How to Set Up a Sleep Timer in Spotify?