If you are looking to search tweets from a specific date or period, there is no need to go searching through your account’s timeline. With the help of Twitter Advanced Search, finding what you’re looking for has never been easier. Twitter often feels like a firehose of information that flows by faster than we can catch on to. Thankfully, it is possible to take a mere sip from the ocean, by searching for tweets from a specific date or date range.
We will teach you how you can search for Tweets from a specific Date or Period.
How can you search Tweets from a Date Range Using Advanced Search?
Twitter provides a mobile as well as a desktop browser Advanced Search page which will help you search for tweets posted within a certain date range.
- If you’re on a mobile device, open your browser, then enter this in your search bar- visit https://mobile.twitter.com/search-advanced.
- If you’re on a desktop browser, then enter this in your search bar https://twitter.com/search-advanced?lang=en.
- On the Advanced Search Page, scroll down to the bottom until you see the “Dates” section. Here, you can see two parameters: “From” and “To.”
- Choose the month, day, and year to fill in each parameter. This is what they do:
- From: Set this to find tweets posted after midnight of the selected date.
- To: Set this to find tweets posted up until midnight of the selected date.
While it seems simple, using the parameters might be confusing. For example, if you want to find tweets from May 1, 2014, you have to set “From” to “May 1, 2014”, the “To” to “May 2, 2014.” Then you will be able to see the tweets posted between midnight on May 1 until midnight on May 2. You wouldn’t want to set both fields to the same date.
- Scroll up to enter another parameter, like a search term in the “Words” section, or an account name in “Accounts”. Click on “Search” after you’re finished.
- After the results are displayed, you can further sort them by different criteria using tabs located just the search bar. “Top” indicates the matching tweets with the highest engagement. “Latest” indicates all the matching tweets in reverse chronological order i.e., the latest first.
- You can also find results that match people, photos, or videos by clicking on the other result.
If you need to do perform another search, revisit Twitter’s advanced search page, then search again. It includes many powerful parameters which will help you finely narrow down tweets on certain dates. OR. From certain people in certain geographic areas, along with many more.
How can you Search Tweets from a Date Range Using Inline Parameters?
If the Twitter advanced search doesn’t work well enough for you, search for tweets from a specific date or dates using inline search parameters that you can type directly into the search box in the Twitter app/website.
Here are three parameters:
- From: Find tweets posted only by a specific Twitter account
- Since: Find tweets posted since midnight on this date. The format is YYYY-MM-DD
- Until: Find tweets posted until midnight on this date. The format is YYYY-MM-DD
This quick inline search can prove to be quite powerful once you wrap your mind around the date format. If you liked this article, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Search for Tweets from a Specific Date or Period.