WhatsApp no longer puts its users through the trouble of avoiding people after sending a message to the wrong person. OR. Even a message to the right person, however, is one that caused immediate regret.
Deleting WhatsApp messages is simple, all that is required is a few swipes. You have the ability to choose to delete messages just for yourself. OR. If you want to delete WhatsApp messages for everyone within an approximately one-hour time limit. Meaning that they will disappear from the other person’s chat inbox as well.
How can you delete WhatsApp messages?
- Open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone/Android device.
- In the “Chats” menu, tap on the chat that hosts the message that you want to delete.
- Press and hold your screen on the message that you want to delete. This reveals a list of options.
- Select “Delete” to delete that message.
- An edit screen will appear; this will have the message you want to delete selected. You have the ability to select more messages if you want to. Then tap on the trash can icon on your screen to continue.
- Select the option “Delete for Me” to confirm the deletion. The message will proceed to disappear from the chat.
- To delete the message for everyone, tap on “Delete for Everyone” to remove the message for everyone involved in the conversation. Note – This option will only be available for roughly an hour after the message has been sent.
- After the message is successfully deleted for everyone, it will be replaced with:
- “This message was deleted”
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How can you Delete WhatsApp Messages.