- Advertisement -
To change the name on Zoom there are simple steps to follow. We will show you how to change it using PC/Mobile or on the website. Since the pandemic, there has been a continual rise in the number of people using virtual conference platforms, which necessitates that we maintain our account information current.
When you keep your account details up to date, it will be simpler for participants to identify you. Additionally, if a person wants to be private and does not want people to recognize their identity, they have the freedom to modify their information as desired.
According to Zoom, their users’ discreteness is important, and as a result, they have included this functionality and made it simple to use. They believe in supporting those who hold this belief. This function may be utilized on any of the zoom platforms, including the web portal, desktop program, or mobile application.
- Advertisement -
How to change the name on Zoom the website before the meeting starts?
- When you access the web portal, you must first log in to zoom.
- On the left side, you should select a profile.
- The window will vary, and the user information will display on the left side of the screen, after which you should click edit.
- Enter the participant’s full name and the display name that will be used to identify them on the list.
- When you’re done, scroll down and choose “Save.”
How to change the user’s name on the desktop application?
- Open the program and log in to the account, then follow Step 2 if you are already logged in.
- Locate the profile icon in the upper-right corner of the application’s window, which will be either the most recent version or a somewhat newer one.
- After the dropdown menu appears, choose ‘my profile’ from it, which will bring up a pop-up window.
- In the window, click the edit option and then select it.
- An ‘enter name’ box appears, enter the desired name and click on save.
On the mobile application
- Open the application on the mobile and login into your account if required.
- Select the settings option from the drop-down menu in the bottom right corner.
- Select the box that has your name and email address on the top of your screen.
- To change your display name, go to the Settings menu on your device.
- Select the Display option and a new window will appear where you have to pick a “display name.”
- Then, in the ‘display name box,’ simply type your most preferred.
- While the meeting is in session, you may alter your name.
- On the bottom toolbar of a Zoom meeting, choose the participant’s option.
- A new window appears that asks you to choose the “additional” option.
- To select the rename option, a new entry box appears where you must type in the name you want to use and choose ‘Done’ for mobile or ‘Rename’ if using a desktop.
This is how you may customize your zoom username to reflect your preferences, and we hope that this will assist you the next time you use the Zoom meeting program.