- Advertisement -
How to Block YouTube Channel? there are two ways you can block a YouTube channel: You can either block a channel so it cannot comment on your videos. Or, you can block a channel so you don’t see the particular channel’s videos in your feed. If you don’t know how don’t worry, this article will show you how to Block YouTube Channels.
How to Block YouTube Channels So That You Do Not See Its Videos in Your Feed?
The first YouTube block category is where you block a channel so that you do not see video recommendations from that channel in your YouTube feed henceforward. When you block a channel following this category, the changes you made will be reflected across all of the devices where you using the same YouTube (Google) account.
How to Block YouTube Channels using the YouTube Website on a Browser?
- To begin the process, open the YouTube site in a browser on your Windows, Mac, or Linux device.
- After the YouTube site loads, search for a video from the channel that you wish to block. Hover over the video, then click on the menu indicated by three-dots.
- In the menu that appears after you click the three dots, click on “Don’t Recommend Channel.” Warning – After you successfully block a channel, you cannot unblock it individually. You will have to then unblock all of the blocked channels.
- That’s it, now YouTube will no longer recommend videos from the channel you blocked in your feed.
Tip – If you erroneously blocked a channel, you can reverse this action by clicking on “Undo” on the card that appears after you block a channel. Clicking on Undo will reverse your action of blocking.
- Advertisement -
How to Block YouTube Channels on YouTube on Android, iPhone/iPad devices?
YouTube’s app for Android, iPhone, as well as iPad also provides the users the ability to block a channel.
- To begin the process of blocking a channel open the YouTube app on your device.
- Keep scrolling down the list of videos till you locate the video that comes from the channel that you wish to block. After you find it, tap on the three-dot menu, it can be found next to the video title.
- Click on the “Don’t Recommend Channel” option from the menu that pops up.
The YouTube channel you selected is now blocked.
How to Unblock Your Blocked YouTube Channels?
Unlike other services, YouTube does not provide you the ability to unblock channels individually. The only option you have is to unblock all of your blocked channels.
- If you wish to proceed with that, open Google’s My Activity site in a web browser on either a Windows, Mac or even a Linux computer.
- After the “My Google Activity” site opens, from the left sidebar, click on “Other Google Activity.”
- Scroll down the following screen till you find the “YouTube Not Interested Feedback” section. After you find it, click on the “Delete” option.
- YouTube will then display a warning pop-up. Click on “Delete” in the pop-up that appears to delete your blocked channels list.
And that’s it all of the channels you blocked will now be unblocked.
How to Block YouTube Channels So That It Can’t Comment on Your Videos?
You have the ability to block a channel so that it will not be able to post comments on your uploaded videos. You might want to block this YouTube channel if it is abusing its power of comments by leaving inappropriate comments on your videos.
- Advertisement -
Contrasting the sections above, if you happen to have blocked a channel this way, you have the ability to unblock the channel at a later time without requiring you to unblock all of the blocked channels.
How to Block YouTube Channels via Web?
- Do you want to stop a channel from commenting on your videos, then, navigate to the YouTube site in a web browser on either your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer.
- After the site loads, click on the search box at the top. Then, enter the channel name that you wish to block, then press the Enter key on your Keyboard.
- In the search results, click on the channel that you wish to block. After you click, it will open the channel’s page in your browser.
- After you are on the channel’s page, from the list of the tabs beneath the channel name, click on the “About” tab.
- In the “About” tab that opens, click on the flag icon, this is situated on the right side.
- Click on “Block User” from the menu that appears after you click on the flag icon.
- Click on “Submit” in the “Block User” prompt that pops up.
And that’s it the channel you selected will now be blocked from commenting on any of your videos.
If you wish to unblock a channel, click on the same flag icon, then click on “Unblock User” from the menu. Then, click on “Submit” in the prompt.
How to Block YouTube Channels on YouTube app on Android, iPhone/iPad?
- First, you have to launch the YouTube app on your Android, iPhone, or iPad device.
- After the YouTube app opens, tap on the search box at the top, then enter the name of the channel that you wish to block.
- Tap on the channel to block from the search results.
- On the channel screen that loads, tap on the three-dot menu, which is situated in the top-right corner.
- Select the “Block User” option from the menu that pops up.
- Tap on “Block” in the “Block User” prompt that appears on your screen.
- The YouTube channel you selected will now be blocked.
- To unblock a channel, tap on the same three-dot menu, then tap on the “Unblock User” option. Then, tap on “Unblock” in the prompt that pops up.
Voila, that is how you stop a YouTube channel from appearing in your feed as well as from commenting on your videos.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Block YouTube Channels.