There are many ways to turn on flashlight on Android devices. The flashlight has been a part of Android since its 2014’s Android 5.0 Lollipop version. The first time people realized they could use the camera’s built-in flash to illuminate a dark room. There was an explosion of third-party apps to allow you to easily enable the flashlight. Luckily now it’s just a swipe away.
How to activate the flashlight using Quick Settings?
- Swipe down from the highest of the screen to reveal the fast Settings.
- Search for the “Flashlight” icon, then tap it. The flashlight should turn on instantly.
- Tap twice on the Flashlight icon to turn it off.
How to turn on flashlight using Google Assistant?
- Tap and hold the Home button of your phone until the Google Assistant pop-up window appears. If your phone is set up for “OK Google,” you wouldn’t even need to do that – just say “OK Google.”
- Saying “OK Google, turn the flashlight on.” Will turn the flashlight on.
- You can turn the flashlight off by just saying “OK Google, turn the flashlight off.”
How to turn on flashlight using a gesture?
Some Android phones provide the feature of enabling flashlight via a gesture, however, there is no standard or systematic way of knowing if your phone supports the feature. If you would like to explore this possibility, here are some ways:
Check Gestures in Settings – Few phones have a gesture in Settings that can be enabled. Open the Settings and search for Gestures. If you spot an option to enable the flashlight gesture, then turn it on.
- Some Motorola phones allow you to show on the flashlight by shaking during a “chopping” motion.
- Phone by OnePlus allows you to turn on the flashlight when your phone is turned off. To do this, just draw a “V” on screen with your finger, and voilà!
If you liked this article, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know ways to turn on Flashlight on Android devices.