Are you sick and tired of getting random messages and/or follower requests from strangers on Twitter? You might have tried everything, but they still keep on spamming you. There is always a quick fix to everything, all you need to do is look deeper, don’t want to?
Don’t worry, that’s where this article helps. The way for you to deal with this is a two-word solution: a private account. Just a single click-of-a-button feature will fix a whole lot of problems, this includes hiding tweets you have liked on Twitter. Mostly, it is your liked tweets or retweets that lead the spammers to your profile. So, you can apply this quick fix to your profile by finding out how to hide likes on Twitter in just 5 steps!
How to Hide Likes on Twitter in Just 5 Easy Steps?
To begin the process:
- Launch the Twitter Android/iOS app.
- (The method is pretty much the same for Twitter’s desktop version.)
- Tap on the menu icon, this can be found in the top-left corner.
- Then tap on Settings and privacy.
- Visit Privacy and safety.
- Turn the toggle key on to Protect your Tweets.
And voila! that is on how you can hide your likes on Twitter.
Now, you might be wondering, how this is related to hiding your liked tweets? It is simple: when you change your Twitter account from public to private it makes ALL your content private, including your liked tweets.
On top of that, you can also unlike a previously liked tweet on Twitter. The process to dot that is even simpler. Here’s how:
How to Unlike Liked Tweets on Twitter?
- Launch the Twitter app.
- Open the menu, this can be found in the top-left corner.
- Tap on your profile image. OR, you can simply tap on Profile.
- Open the Likes section.
- Hit the heart on whichever tweet you wish to unlike.
The tweet will then be removed from your likes. Note – There is no way to undo this action, unfortunately.
Why a Private Twitter Account?
A private account has its perks, for example, it will stop all the annoying follow or message requests from total strangers. This can be thought of as a one-fits-all solution; a private account means no more stalkers, as well. Les to show, however, the security will be more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I privatize my account; will that hide my likes from the followers also?
No, your followers as well as the following accounts will still be able to see all your likes, tweets as well as retweets. The Private account setting only prevents accounts you don’t follow from seeing your likes, tweets and retweets, etc.
2. Will there be a notification for my followers when I change my account from public to private one?
No, only you will know and be aware of the change in settings. As your Twitter followers are already following you, they will still be able to see your likes and other content, as they usually do.
3. If I do unlike a liked tweet; will it be removed from a list I previously had it added to?
No, for it to happen you will have to remove it from that list yourself.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Hide Likes on Twitter?