Making folders on iPhone can simplify many tasks for you. Let us explain how. There are apps that we use so very rarely, and we don’t want to delete them, as they might come in handy. An abundance of downloaded apps means endless scrolling through multiple screens. To find the one you want might become a taxing affair. If you want a more organized environment, dump all your iPhone apps into folders.
Make folders on iPhone
- Press the icon of the first app you would like to move into a folder, keep holding until all of your application icons begin to shake and a small “X” appears in the upper left of each.
- Press the app icon again, then drag it across your screen to another app with which you would like to place it in a folder. When you’re hovering one app over another it creates a folder. Stop holding down the application icon to drop both applications into the newly created folder.
- The folder will be automatically titled by iPhone based on the applications in it.
How to change the name of the folder?
- Press one of the app icons inside the folder you want to change the name of. Keep holding until the apps within it begin to shake and a small “X” appears in the upper left of each.
- Then the title box of the folder can be edited.
- Tap within it, then enter the name you would like.
How to delete a folder?
- Press the icon of an app within that folder, keep holding until all apps begin to shake and a small “X” appears in the upper left.
- Press and drag apps one at a time from within the folder to the outside. Once the folder is empty, it will automatically delete itself.
If you liked this, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so that they also know how to make folders on iPhones.