A lot of people don’t know how to find IP address on a Windows 10 PC. The good news is it’s easy, and we’ll take you through the process below! You will need to make sure you’re connected to the internet for this tutorial, so be sure your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection is working before beginning.
An IP Address (or) Internet Protocol Address is a ‘unique address that is used to identify a device on the Internet or on the local area network(LAN).
To find out what our IP Address is on a Windows 10 PC, there are generally two ways that can be followed to do so:
How to find IP Address on a Windows PC:
- Using the command prompt.
- Click on the start icon as visible on your monitor at bottom-left, type in “Command Prompt” in the search bar and then click on the Command Prompt icon.
- Type ipconfig/all and press enter.
- The IP address will be displayed on the screen along with other details.
- Using the control panel.
- Click on the start icon as visible on your monitor at bottom-left, type in “Control Panel” in the search bar and then click on the Control Panel icon.
- Click on Network and Internet when the Control Panel opens.
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the “Change Adapter Settings” link, located on the left.
- Double click Ethernet.
- Click details, located under the Connection section for the Local Area Connection status.
- Scroll down until you find the IPv4 address.
So, now you know how to find your IP address on a Windows 10 PC. You can also use this information for troubleshooting and other purposes that may come up in the future. It’s important not just for personal knowledge but as an IT professional or someone who needs to help others with their computer systems at work. If you want additional information about computers and technology, be sure to follow us on social media.