FaceTime is one of the most reliable ways to video chat with Apple users. If you happen to own any one of the products, iPhone, iPad, or Mac, it is understandable if you take FaceTime for granted.
Unfortunately, there is no option for an Android user to download the FaceTime app or the option to start a FaceTime call. However, thanks to the release of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and the macOS Monterey, anyone can join a FaceTime call using their web browser.
This article will show you how to send a FaceTime invite from an Apple product, it will also how to join FaceTime calls if you have an Android phone.
How to join a FaceTime call on an Android device or a PC?
Android, as well as Windows users, do not have the ability to start FaceTime calls. However, if you have the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge installed on your device, you will be able to join FaceTime calls that Apple users create.
Tip – Google Chrome is pre-installed on the majority of Android phones, while the Microsoft Edge browser comes pre-installed on all Windows PCs.
First, an Apple device user needs to start a FaceTime call. To do so, they have to have:
An iPhone running at least iOS 15, or an iPad running at least iPadOS 15. If not, then a Mac running at least macOS Monterey.
1. The Apple user has to open the FaceTime app on their device, then tap on Create Link at the top of the app.
2. A pop-up will appear; the Apple user must select how they would like to share this link. The options for sharing are via Messages, Mail, AirDrop, or another app. The method they choose will not matter as the Android or PC user just requires the link.
3. After the Android or Windows user receives the FaceTime link, they can open it in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
4. The Android/Windows user will have to enter their name, then tap Continue.
5. Then the Android/Windows user hits the green Join button in the pop-up. FaceTime does require permission to use the microphone and camera.
6. The Apple user will then accept the request to join.
7. After both parties enter the call, they will both see the same options, such as the option to mute themselves, show or hide their camera, leave the call, etc.
Are Android users able to initiate a FaceTime call?
No. FaceTime is an Apple-exclusive service, which means that Android users can only join FaceTime calls initiated by Apple users.
If you liked this article (or if it helped), leave a comment below or share it with friends so they can also know How to Facetime Android?