- Advertisement -
Photos on iPhones are very personal, but sometimes we want to keep some of this information private. This is exactly what location data can do. Location data includes the exact coordinates where your photo was taken and the date it was taken at. It also stores how long you were there, which could be used to guess where you live or work if someone has access to that information.
The photos you take with your iPhone can expose where you took them when you are sharing them. Thankfully, you can remove the embedded GPS coordinates from your images. This article will show you how you can wipe the location details from pictures on your iPhone.
Privacy Made Easier
With the new iOS 15 updates, the Photos app makes it easier to view the information regarding the photo, which is also known as EXIF data, this includes location details pinned on a mini-map. If you have turned the location access ON for the Camera app, all the captured photos could expose your GPS metadata, so turn it OFF if you don’t want your location leaking.
- Advertisement -
Photos app doesn’t offer the option to remove location details from all photos at once. You will have to sift through the photos library to check each photo’s information. However, you can always check the photo information, you have the ability to delete the location data before uploading a picture.
Remove Location Details from photos on iPhone/iPad?
Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone/iPad, then click on the photo from where you want to delete the location details.
- Click on the “i” icon, it has a circle around it. OR. Swipe up on the photo to reveal its information.
- Under the photo information, you’ll find the location on the map displaying where you took the photo.
- Tap on “Adjust” in the bottom-right.
- After a new window pops up, click on “No Location.”
- If you change your mind about removing the location, click on “Add Location” on the photo information screen.
- Then click on “Revert” to restore the original location.
- After you are finished, keep swiping right or left to view other photos to remove locations details from.
How can you Prevent the Camera App from Adding Location Details?
- Open the “Settings” app, then click on “Privacy”.
- Click on “Location Services.”
- Scroll down and click on “Camera”.
- Under the “Allow Location Access” section, click on “Never.”
- Close the “Settings” app.
Now you won’t have to worry about location details being noted down while taking photos. If you liked this, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so that they also know How to Delete the Location Details from photos on iPhone and iPad.