- Advertisement -
There are many instances an old iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is passed on to a child when the adult buys a newer one. This article will show you how to create an Apple ID for a child and add it to your family.
Apple IDs are vital for helping Apple as well as apps differentiate between users. An Apple ID is mandatory for making App Store purchases, even for signing up for iCloud. Both of them are integral to fully utilizing an iOS device, so even if you’re handing an old device to a child, they have to have an Apple ID to use it. Don’t leave your Apple ID signed in for them, however, that’s inviting trouble.
After successfully creating a new Apple ID for your child, link it to your “family”. You’ll have control over it as well as any App Store payments will be processed via your method of choice.
- Advertisement -
How can you create an Apple ID for a child?
- Open the Settings app, then click on your name.
- Click on “Family Sharing” to enter the screen where you will manage all the accounts associated with a parent’s Apple ID.
- Click on “Add Family Member”.
- Then click on “Create Child Account.”
- You will then be guided through the creation of a new child’s account; it will automatically be added to your family. Click on “Next.”
- Enter your child’s birthday, then click on “Next.”
- Parental Privacy Disclosure appears, thoroughly read it, if you agree, click on “Agree.”
- Enter the security code (CVV) of the card that’s linked with your Apple ID. If you don’t have one, you’ll have to do it. Click on “Next” after completion.
- Enter your child’s name, then click on “Next.”
- Enter a username that will be used for your child’s iCloud email address. Enter a unique name, then click on “Next.”
- You have to choose three security questions; you have to provide answers as well. These will be used to unlock an account if you lose the password, so select something both you and your child are likely to remember.
- After choosing your three questions along with their respective answers, you will be asked whether you want purchases to require approval from you. If you turn it on it’s better.
- Review the Terms and Conditions, then click on “Agree”, this will complete the process.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How they can create an Apple ID for a child, how to add it to their Family?