- Advertisement -
Are you Worried your past posts will come back to haunt you? Facebook provides a tool to help you archive Facebook posts in bulk so that they’re hidden. The Archive function effectively reduces the audience that can see the post to just you. Even if anyone has a direct URL to any of your posts, the content will be inaccessible. The instructions for doing this are nearly identical, no matter if you’re using Facebook on the web or via a mobile app.
How to Hide Posts from Everyone using Archive Facebook Posts?
- To hide an individual post
- First, locate it on your profile.
- Click or tap on the ellipsis “…” in the top-right of the post box
- Then click on “Move to archive” in the drop-down menu that appears.
- The post will then disappear.
- You will then see a notification saying that the post was moved to an archive, with a link to follow if you want.
You can perform this method on multiple posts at once, as it will make it easier to manage a backlog of posts that you no longer want your Facebook friends to see. You can do this by utilizing the Manage Posts tool in your Activity Log.
To access this on the web version, click on the downward-facing arrow in the top-right of any page, then navigate to Settings & Privacy > Activity Log. Click on “Your posts” in the left-hand, then you will see a list of posts. You can use the checkboxes next to posts to select, then click on “Archive”, this will send them to the archive.
- Advertisement -
This works identically on mobile apps.
- To get to the Activity Log.
- Tap on the “More” tab,
- Then navigate to Settings & Privacy > Settings
- Choose “Activity Log” under the “Your Facebook information” section.
- You can now click on “Manage Your Posts” to bulk-archive.
How to Restore Archived Posts?
After posts are archived, they will only be visible to you. You have the ability to make any of these posts visible again by visiting your Archive.
- To visit the Archive on the web version,
- Click on the downward-facing arrow in the top-right of your feet
- Then navigate to Settings & Privacy > Activity Log.
- Click on “Archive” in the left-hand menu to see your posts.
- Use the checkbox to select them.
- Click on the “Restore” button to move them out of the archive.
- Click on the “More” tab
- Navigate to Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Scroll down, tap on “Activity Log”
- Click on “Archive” to view the archived posts.
- Use the checkboxes to select as well as restore them in bulk.
If you liked this, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so that they also know How to Archive Facebook Posts?