You might have built your own PC with a graphics card and processor or have updated your computer for fast speed. Or you might just want to install and activate Windows 10. Don’t worry as this article will help you activate Windows 10.
The majority of the top-range laptops these days come with the Windows 11 operating system preinstalled. However, in case you’ve built your own PC with a graphics card and processor or have updated your computer, you can install and activate Windows 10.
Activation of the Windows 10 operating system can be done in two ways, either by activating the product key again if done so earlier. If you activated the Windows 10 license by linking it to your Microsoft account, activation on the same device can be done easily utilizing the digital license.
The Steps to activate Windows 10 using a Product key
- For the installation of Windows 10, you have to enter your product license key.
- Press the Windows key, and navigate to Settings > Update and Security > Activation.
- Click on the Change Product key.
- Type in your product key into the pop-up box, then press Next.
- Click on Activate.
Steps to activate Windows 10 with a digital license.
- When you begin the activation, click on the ‘I don’t have a product key option.
- Setup, then login into Windows 10 with your linked Microsoft account.
- Windows 10 will be automatically activated. If you have made hardware changes, follow the next steps:
- Press the Windows key, then navigate to Settings > Update and Security > Activation.If Windows is not activated, search and select ‘Troubleshoot’.Click on ‘Activate Windows’ in the new window, then click on Activate. Or you can select the option ‘I changed hardware on this device recently, if applicable. If you see prompts, follow them using a Microsoft account linked to your digital license.Select the device you are using, then check the ‘This is the device I’m using right now box next to it.
- Click on Activate.
Your digital license should be there and the copy of your Windows 10 is now activated.
If you liked this article (or if it helped), leave a comment below or share it with friends so they can also know How to Activate Windows 10?