Google voice is providing phone services at an economical cost due to which the number of google voice service users has increased tremendously over the years. If you are one of the users and want to change Google voice number you can do that by paying an extra 10$ and have the luxury of changing the number, the number of letters, and also they can add a specific area code to it.
And if you still are not sure about receiving old messages and calls, Google has announced that all the messages and the calls will be forwarded to the new phone number so that there won’t be any cutover. This is promising enough to help people opt for google voice even after they change google voice number.
To change Google voice number all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Login to your google voice account and select the settings option.
- When the dropbox located on the top of the window appears select the option ‘phones’.
- Under the phones option, select the change option.
- A new window appears where you can see the details of how you can change your phone number and also the clause stating the activity of the old phone number for the next three months.
- Select ‘continue’ to agree to all the terms.
- A window will appear with the name pick a number,enter the desired number, zip code and click continue, a new window will appear where you are requested to make a payment.
- Once the payment is done you are good to go.
That is all, this is how you can change Google voice number. It is a very simple process and if there are any discrepancies you can always contact their customer support