The majority of people often use terrible passwords. If you happen to be one of them, you should change your important passwords to something a lot more secure. That includes Facebook passwords too.
If someone manages to get access to your Facebook account, they will have access to a huge amount of personal data. They can probably log in to lots of other websites as well as services pretending to be you and can scam your friends as well. So, you should keep your passwords protected. This article will help you change your Facebook password.
How can you Change Your Facebook Password using the Website?
- First, you have to log in to the Facebook website, then select the drop-down arrow in the top-right corner, then click on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Click on “Settings” from the following menu.
- Here, select “Security and Login” from the left sidebar, then click on “Change Password”, this can be found in the Login section.
- First, type in your current password, then enter the new password twice. If the password’s too short, weak, or the confirmation doesn’t match, Facebook will notify you.
- When you have created a strong password, click on “Save Changes.” You will be asked if you want to stay logged in on all the other devices. If you feel your account has been hacked, click on “Log Out of Other Devices.” Or else, you can click on “Stay Logged In.”
- And voila, your Facebook password has now been changed.
How can you Change Your Facebook Password on iPhone/iPad/Android apps?
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone/iPad/Android, then tap on the three-line “Menu” button in the bottom-right (for iPhone/iPad users) or the top-right (for Android users).
- There, expand the “Settings & Privacy” option, then tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Password and Security,” this can be found under the Account section.
- Scroll down to the Login section, then tap on “Change Password.”
- Firstly type in your current password, then type in the new password twice. Tap on “Update Password.”
- Then your new Facebook password will be saved.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Change their Facebook Password?