- Advertisement -
If you frequently use directions to reach a certain address from your current location you can use the Directions Shortcut on iPhone that helps you save the location of a certain place and can be accessed very easily. It’s easy to make a quick shortcut that can always provide you directions to a pre-set location in Apple Maps. This article will show you how to set up a shortcut to do so.
You have to know that Siri Can Already Take You “Home”
In a few cases, you might not even need to make the shortcut. If you happen to have “Significant Locations” turned on under Location Services. The iPhone will automatically learn your home’s location, this will be done by analyzing your travel history. If you are in the car, you can quickly tell Siri something like “Take me home,” then you will get turn-by-turn directions to reach your home.
What if you don’t have a “home” defined or if you would like to frequently get directions to another custom destination no matter where you are, then, you can set up the shortcut given below.
- Advertisement -
How to make a “My Home” Directions Shortcut on iPhone?
To perform this, we will need to use the Shortcuts app, which is built into your iPhone by default. If you are not able to find Shortcuts, navigate to the home screen, then swipe downward using a finger toward the middle of the screen. Enter “shortcuts” in the search bar, then tap on the “Shortcuts” app icon that appears.
- In the Shortcuts app, tap on “My Shortcuts” at the bottom, then tap on the plus (+) button to add a new shortcut.
- When you see the New Shortcut page, tap on the ellipsis button (represented by three dots) beside the name. On the screen that appears, set the shortcut name to whatever you want. For example, let’s use “My Home.” After you’ve set the name, tap on “Done.”
- Then you’ll be back on the main shortcut screen. Tap on “Add Action.”
- In the panel that will appear, search for “Maps,” then tap on “Show Directions.”
- Then, the “Show Directions” action will be added to your shortcut. Next, tap on “Destination” in the action bubble to enter the destination address.
- After you tap on “Destination,” you will see a new pop-up panel, here you will be able to set the destination address. Enter your home address (or whichever address you’d like), then tap on it in the search results list.
- And that’s all that has to be done to set up the shortcut. If you want to add an icon to your home screen that will launch this shortcut, tap on the ellipsis button beside the “My Home” name.
- In the panel that will appear, tap on “Add to Home Screen.”
- If you want to configure the icon, then tap on “Add.” Next, return to your home screen, here, find the “My Home” shortcut icon, then tap on it.
- The shortcut will run, you will be able to see directions from your current location to the address you set in the shortcut.
- You can also launch the shortcut just by using your voice: Just trigger Siri, then say “My Home.” Use the shortcut as much as you like, and no matter wherever you go, it will always guide you home.
This is how you can create a shortcut on your iPhone for a specific location. If you liked this article (or if it helped), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Make a “My Home” Directions Shortcut on their iPhone?